Cross Campagin Forum Posts

← Previous 1
Pointer-left Elderscrolllogo_thumb
Jim
This would be very useful to post things that several of my campaigns need to have...well...posted. Examples: Combined game scheduals, rule discussions, general announcements...
These are great ideas. We've been batting around similar ideas for a while and are working on ways to implement them.
One concept we've been considering is simply "friends" like facebook or any other social network.

Another concept is "gaming groups". These would work just like campaigns, but without characters, xp or loots. There would be a journal, forum and calendar. Also, when you create a campaign, you could automatically invite everyone in your gaming group to join.

This is a big enhancement, though. I can't promise it'll happen very soon, but it's something that we absolutely want done.
Jim
Gaming groups would be most useful. We (my gaming group and I) have several GMs, many players and the different campaigns have different players within the group. Some play in several campaigns, others do not. But we do coordinate on gaming schedule, the GMs conspire with game ideas and tools, and we use forums to discuss many aspects of gaming independent of our campaigns but relevant to our group.
Exactly. Some of us are in the same situation, and I suspect many of our users are as well. That's why this is a high priority for us. We want to do it right, of course.
Jim
Just checking on how this feature is coming along. We now have two Supporter GMs and possibly a third one on the way but he is concerned about linked forums and how we would coordinate.

Just a nag.
No problem.
Basically: We have the groundwork laid out for "Friends". In fact, if you knew the secret URLs, you could add other users as friends right now. Beyond marking something in the database, it doesn't do much right now. The biggest hurdle for us is figuring out how the effects permissions. Then comes the interfaces, gaming groups, etc.. A lot has to fall into place before we can reveal stuff like that to the general site.
Bump. And also mention that "Friends" has been implemented. Also to reiterate that "Gaming Groups is still cooking...
Jim
Cool. This will be great.
Yes, we are in the same situation as Jim. Large group that games multiple games with multiple DMs and mixed groups of players. Coordinating everything on a group level helps us out alot. Right now that occurs via a Yahoo group (SUCKS!). It had already occurred to me that we could run a campaign that way if we wanted.

The group area also needs file storage, and possibly a secure area for people's personal contact information. The group calendar needs to be secure and visible only by the group because it could possibly have information such as when someone was on vacation.

Glad to know this is in the works.

Hilfy
The group page also needs links to the campaigns that are being run by that group. More as I talk to my husband about it.
Epic!
← Previous 1